Wednesday 14 May 2014

Walking the Talk

I know that everyone has been waiting to see the game in action, and we finally have a little taste of what we have planned.

I give you the first rough draft of the walking animation!


While seeing a low-quality recording of a rough animation probably won't blow you away, and while this doesn't really show off much of the programming I'm working on, I want to show you guys what we can accomplish in a fairly limited time-frame, without a great deal of financial support.

My hope is that after seeing this, people will imagine the great things that we can accomplish if we were able to invest more time in the project.  We have our first few supporters on our patreon, and wanted to say thank you for all the encouragement and support that we've been given thus far.

Either way, we will continue to work on Days of Ragnarok, and we promise that the game itself will always remain free.

All the Best,


SpaceTea and LadyStripes

3 comments:

  1. So the game will be sidescroller? Not that I'm complaining about it, I'm just saying because I thought that it would be text based game. The animation gives me something on what to expect. Hope you guys can reach the point you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, we've agreed that it will be a java-based side-scroller rife with animations -- of both the mundane and adult variety.

    We're also going to have cinematics, which at these early stages will be image / text based -- since LadyStripes needs time to create all the standard animations before she moves onto animated / semi-animated cinematics.

    As for why there hasn't been any gameplay up until now, that would be my fault. I had a couple of work projects that were taking up my time, so I wasn't able to really get into the game engine until the day we posted this.

    Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I want to see the game, I think rushing things is something silly to do. I don't mind waiting a little for you guys to be able to do it exactly as you want to. I'm a patreon on your project, so I'm trying to show my support as I can.

      Delete